Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) - Non-members
The Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) is a comprehensive resource designed to help firms comply with Canadian quality control standards (CSQC 1 and CAS 220) and develop and document their own policy manuals and systems of control. QAM includes sample quality assurance manuals, commentary and guidance on quality control objectives and Word files for customizing the sample manuals and practice aids – letters, forms and worksheets.
A subscription to Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) - Non-members
includes access to the following title(s):
Make quality a priority in your firm with the Quality Assurance Manual
Designed to help firms comply with the specific requirements of the quality control standards and develop and document their own policy manuals and systems of quality control, the CPA Canada’s comprehensive Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) includes:
- Sample Quality Assurance Manuals — Four sample manuals — Sole Practitioner with No Staff; Sole Practitioner with Staff; Small or Medium-Size Partnership; and Partnership with Audits of Listed Entities/Reporting Issuers — with sample policies and procedures, cross-references to the standards and highlighted optional ‘best practice’ policies.
- Commentary and Guidance — 14 comprehensive chapters including commentary on each sample policy, the quality control objectives, risks and strategies, independence and ethics and the roles and responsibilities of the firm’s leaders.
- Templates (Microsoft Word) — includes Word files of the sample manuals and supporting worksheets, report layouts, engagement letters and other practice aids that can help your firm design, implement and maintain a firm-specific system of quality control.
QAM will help your firm:
- Understand the requirements of CSQC 1 and CAS 220
- Develop a customized Quality Assurance Manual for your firm
- Assign leadership roles
- Document your firm’s ongoing compliance with its quality control policies
- Organize, perform and prepare monitors’ reports for:
−ongoing policy monitoring (OPM)
−completed file monitoring (CFM)
- Continually improve your firm’s system of quality control
Your complete package for developing and implementing a firm-specific quality assurance manual and system of quality control for your practice
Table of Contents
A System of Quality Control
Commitment to Quality Work
Leadership and Culture
Relevant Ethical Requirements
The Need to Consult
Engagement Quality Control Reviews
Differences of Opinion
Complaints and Allegations
Listed Entities/Reporting Issuers
Timely updates of this service keep you current with new requirements, best practices and cost-effective strategies for managing your firm’s quality control policies and procedures.
PLEASE NOTE: Existing subscribers to QAM do not need to re-order each year. The new edition will be sent/updated automatically when it is available.
More helpful resources for your practice
Canadian Professional Engagement Manual (C•PEM) - Non-Members
Canadian Professional Engagement Manual Plus (C•PEM Plus)
CPA Canada C•PEM Electronic Templates
C•PEM Forms Walkthroughs (Videos)
Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) – Members
Model Financial Statements – Private Enterprises
Model Financial Statements – Private Sector NFPO
Model Financial Statements – IFRS
Publication Date: updated regularly