Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) - Non-members
The Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) is a comprehensive resource designed to help firms comply with Canadian quality control standards (CSQC 1 and CAS 220) and develop and document their own policy manuals and systems of control. QAM includes sample quality assurance manuals, commentary and guidance on quality control objectives and Word files for customizing the sample manuals and practice aids – letters, forms and worksheets.
A subscription to Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) - Non-members
includes access to the following title(s):
The Quality Assurance Manual has been substantially rewritten and expanded to address the changes in the requirements of the Canadian Standard on Quality Control (CSQC 1) and Canadian Auditing Standard 220, which addresses quality control for an audit of financial statements
Designed to help firms comply with the specific requirements of the quality control standards and develop and document their own policy manuals and systems of quality control, the CICA’s comprehensive Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) includes:
- Sample Quality Assurance Manuals — Four sample manuals — Sole Practitioner with No Staff; Sole Practitioner with Staff; Small or Medium-Size Partnership; and Partnership with Audits of Listed Entities/Reporting Issuers — with sample policies and procedures, cross-references to the standards and highlighted optional ‘best practice’ policies.
- Commentary and Guidance — 14 comprehensive chapters including commentary on each sample policy, the quality control objectives, risks and strategies, independence and ethics and the roles and responsibilities of the firm’s leaders.
- Templates (Microsoft Word) — includes Word files of the sample manuals and supporting worksheets, report layouts, engagement letters and other practice aids that can help your firm design, implement and maintain a firm-specific system of quality control.
QAM will help your firm:
- Understand the requirements of CSQC 1 and CAS 220
- Develop a customized Quality Assurance Manual for your firm
- Assign leadership roles
- Document your firm’s ongoing compliance with its quality control policies
- Organize, perform and prepare monitors’ reports for:
−ongoing policy monitoring (OPM)
−completed file monitoring (CFM)
- Continually improve your firm’s system of quality control
Download the QAM #4 PowerPoint Presentation to assist you and your staff in understanding the important changes in this update: “Effective implementation of your firm’s quality control system”
Your complete package for developing and implementing a firm-specific quality assurance manual and system of quality control for your practice
Table of Contents
A System of Quality Control
Commitment to Quality Work
Leadership and Culture
Relevant Ethical Requirements
The Need to Consult
Engagement Quality Control Reviews
Differences of Opinion
Complaints and Allegations
Listed Entities/Reporting Issuers
Timely updates of this service keep you current with new requirements, best practices and cost-effective strategies for managing your firm’s quality control policies and procedures.
Other practice resources...
Canadian Professional Engagement Manual (C•PEM)
CICA C•PEM Electronic Templates
Model Financial Statements – Private Enterprises
Model Financial Statements – Not-for-Profit-Organizations
Publication Date: updated regularly