Canadian Business Compliance Manual
Get all your answers in one place
Increasingly, professionals are expected to have all the answers – regulations, compliance issues, legal requirements, financing alternatives, business practices, the major risks, alternatives and costs of new directions. So where do you begin when you need up-to-date information about complex legal areas?
Whether you're a CPA who advises small and medium business clients, or a business owner/manager who needs up-to-date information to help run your business, you can turn to the Canadian Business Compliance Manual for a comprehensive, easy-to-understand overview of the legal requirements and associated administrative and compliance information being used in Canadian business today.
Written by accountants and lawyers in a straightforward style that makes complex issues easy-to-understand, the Canadian Business Compliance Manual is designed to help accounting practitioners, business owners, financial executives, controllers, auditors, managers, lawyers and other professionals.
PLUS – subscriber access to the online CBCM Quick Reference Guide, which includes:
- links to key websites in each province
- significant calendar dates
- income tax prescribed rates
- payroll deduction tables
- federal and provincial tax rates
- U.S. federal tax rates
- probate taxes … and more.
Covering the issues that matter to your business
Organized into seven practical sections that answer your questions at different stages in the life of your business, including…
Life of a Business NEW
Part I: Organization of Entities
Part II: Financing
Securities Act Summary
Part III: Regular Compliance
Private Pension Plans
Public Pension and Security Programs
Taxation - General
Part IV: Periodic Compliance
Electronic Commerce & Internet Law
Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy
Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
Part V: International Issues
US Federal and State Income Tax
Part VI: Personal Financial Matters
Trust Law and Taxation of Trusts
Wills and Estate Planning
Part VII: Restructuring
Purchase and Sale of a Business
- New overview chapter, Life of a Business, guides users through the use of the Manual in a business format.
- The detailed table of contents at the beginning of each chapter provides access to the information you need quickly and easily.
- The CBCM Quick Reference Guide provides subscribers with current links to government-related sites and other relevant information sites for further research.
- Part of the CPA Canada’s Virtual Professional Library (VPL), the electronic versions of CBCM lets you follow any cross reference with a single key stroke.
- Easy-to-use tools, such as bookmarks, post-it notes and highlighters, allow you to customize your copy.
Publication Date: Updated regularly as part of your subscription