ON THE PATH TO ENGAGEMENT SUCCESS, C•PEM WILL HELP YOU:
Promote consistent application of the standards
- Delivers practical guidance and illustrations that will help you comply with the Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Other Canadian Standards (OCS) in the CPA Canada Handbook — Assurance.
- Provides comprehensive practice aids, including detailed engagement forms and over 70 sample letters, helping to ensure your work is carried out with a consistent level of quality that is in accordance with professional standards.
Perform more effective and efficient engagements
- Provides a step-by-step approach to completing audit, review and compilation engagements that address the key requirements and concepts in the professional standards.
- Contains a descriptive chart that outlines the updated 12-step audit process, which covers the risk assessment, risk response and reporting stages of an audit engagement.
- Includes illustrative case studies and sample completed forms to provide instruction on performing risk-based audit engagements.
- Contains references and links to the relevant CAS objectives in the CPA Canada Handbook – Assurance (links apply to electronic versions only).
- Features a NEW chapter that provides guidance on completing the working paper file.
- Includes the publication Model Financial Statements — Private Enterprises.
Enhance staff training
- Contains straightforward guidance on performing an assurance engagement, including illustrative sample completed forms based on case studies of two small and medium-sized entities.
Subscribers receive exclusive access to the updated C•PEM website, which contains valuable information on how to use C•PEM as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
C•PEM PROVIDES INSIGHTFUL GUIDANCE AND COMMENTARY
Its two volumes contain:
Volume 1 provides practitioners with a summary of the key requirements and concepts involved in performing assurance and compilation engagements in accordance with professional standards. This volume includes chapters on matters such as materiality, internal control, risk assessment procedures, further audit procedures and the nature of a review engagement.
Presented in four parts, Volume 2 provides methodology and guidance (with supporting illustrations) to help practitioners perform engagements in accordance with professional standards — from accepting new engagements, planning the audit and assessing risks through to responding to identified risks, evaluating audit evidence and forming an audit opinion. Part D (Practice Aids) of this volume contains print-ready PDFs of the sample forms and worksheets, over 70 sample letters, and the publication Model Financial Statements — Private Enterprises..
PLEASE NOTE: Existing subscribers to C•PEM do not need to re-order each year. The new edition will be sent/updated automatically when it is available.
ADD THESE VALUABLE RESOURCES TO YOUR C•PEM SUBSCRIPTION
C•PEM Forms Walkthroughs
The C•PEM Forms Walkthroughs (Videos) are short, five-to-ten-minute videos designed to provide C•PEM subscribers with step-by-step instructions on how to complete the key forms. With clear, insightful explanations from the authors of C•PEM, these videos discuss where each C•PEM form fits within the updated 12-step audit process, the applicable CAS requirements and how each form should be completed.
The C•PEM Electronic TemplatesAvailable only to C•PEM subscribers
The C•PEM Electronic Templates will help to ensure your work is carried out with a consistent level of quality
that is in accordance with professional standards. These time-saving practice aids contain a Word or Excel template for each of the sample forms, worksheets and engagement letters contained in Part D of C•PEM — so you can complete the practical aids electronically and easily customize them to
address individual engagements.
C•PEM IS AVAILABLE IN TWO VOLUMES, SEARCHABLE DVD, DOWNLOAD OR INTERNET FORMATS
Available in a handy two-volume set, the print version of C•PEM also includes a CD with print-ready practice aids: PDFs of the sample forms, worksheets and engagement letters and Model Financial Statements — Private Enterprises, Part II of the CPA Canada Handbook. This version is updated and shipped annually as part of an active annual subscription.
Now the official version of C•PEM, the Knotia (Internet) edition provides the most up-to-date information available. Linked and fully searchable, the Knotia version of C•PEM provides online access to the information and guidance you need, with timely updates that are added in real-time throughout the year. This version also includes PDFs of all practice aids.
Protected, fully searchable and always on your desktop or laptop to answer your tough questions, the Virtual Professional Library DVD and Download options give you fingertip access to the information you need. Updates will take place monthly as changes become available. This version also includes PDFs of all practice aids.
Please note: The Knotia (Internet) version of the Canadian Professional Engagement Manual (C•PEM) is now the official version of the publication. This means that ordering the knotia.ca version will provide you with the most current information relating to engagements in Canada, updated almost immediately throughout the year as changes become available. Regular updates to the other versions of C•PEM will continue as before: print will be updated and issued on an annual basis; and the Virtual Professional Library DVD and Download updates will take place as changes become available. Choose the Internet edition of C•PEM to ensure the most timely updates possible.
Multiple copy discounts are available to current subscribers. Please contact the Sales Department at 1-855-769-0905 for further details.
More helpful resources for your practice
Canadian Professional Engagement Manual (C•PEM) - Non-members
Canadian Professional Engagement Manual Plus (C•PEM Plus)
CPA Canada C•PEM Electronic Templates
C•PEM Forms Walkthroughs (Videos)
Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) – Members
Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) – Non-members
Model Financial Statements – Private Enterprises
Model Financial Statements – Private Sector NFPO
Model Financial Statements – IFRS
ISBN: 978-1-55385-927-7; 978-1-55385-853-9
Publication Date: Shipping August 2016