Tax Practice Manual, Second Edition (TAXPRAC)
Minimize risk and maximize your tax practice effectiveness at tax time and all year round
Refocused to address risk management issues faced by tax practices, Tax Practice Manual is the essential guide to building and maintaining a successful tax practice in Canada today. Its 22 comprehensive chapters provide expert guidance and time-saving practice aids — helping you to minimize risk, maximize productivity and elevate your bottom line.
This product was originally issued by a CPA Canada legacy body.
A subscription to Tax Practice Manual, Second Edition (TAXPRAC)
includes access to the following title(s):
The must-have guide to building and maintaining a successful tax practice today!
Tax Practice Manual provides resources to help practitioners to incorporate best practices into a tax practice. It also provides information on the important risks associated with operating a tax practice and provides recommendations on ways to minimize those risks.
In response to feedback received from a panel of tax practitioners, the Tax Practice Manual, Second Edition, has been changed to increase its focus on risk management. This valuable guide contains the blend of straightforward commentary, time-saving practice aids, and resources that make the Manual an essential resource to help maximize productivity and avoid common pitfalls in a tax practice.
The elements of each chapter vary depending on the subject matter. Elements of the Tax Practice Manual include:
- Relevant references to the Income Tax Act and Regulations
- An overview of the key requirements
- Links to CRA administrative policy, forms and other documents
Electronic Access to over 20 Practice Aids
Over 20 Practice Aids are listed at the end of each chapter as well as Word files, PDF files and links to relevant source documents.
Tax Practice Manual contains 22 comprehensive chapters:
- Deadlines and Penalties
- Self-Assessment Tools
- Tax Service Responsibility
- Links to Important Concepts
- Dealing with the CRA
- Appeals to Tax Court
- Researching Tax Law
- Taxpayer Relief Provisions, Collections and Third Party Liability
- Access to Information Act and Privacy Act
- Advance Tax Rulings and Technical Interpretations
- Tax Return Preparation
- Computerized Tax Return Preparation
- Remission, Rectification and Rescission Orders
- Purchase and Sale of a Business
- GST/HST Issues
- Estate Planning
- Taxation of Trusts
- Management Companies and Technical Services Companies
- Section 85
- Share Attributes
- Other Areas of Risk
- United States: Statements on Standards
Please Note: Updates are priced individually upon release.
Publication Date: Updated regularly