Financing Toolkit for Small & Medium Businesses, The
A roadmap to business financing success, The Financing Toolkit for Small & Medium Businesses helps business owners and managers access the many financing alternatives, services and solutions available in the formal marketplace, including: where to go for financing, how to structure a deal and how to avoid the pitfalls.
The Financing Toolkit for Small & Medium Businesses is one of the most comprehensive, easy-to-use guides available on this subject. Written by Gary A. Fitchett, CA and sponsored by the Business Development Bank of Canada, this timely publication provides a structured step-by-step process for business owners to understand the various financial options and choices available to meet their specific needs. It then guides them, in plain and straightforward language, through the entire process, from drawing up a business plan, to the do’s and don’ts of the presentation and responding to rejection should it come.
A first-stop resource, The Financing Toolkit has been designed to help Canadian business owners access the many financing alternatives, services and solutions available to them, including:
- Where to go for financing - straightforward information on banks, term loans, equity financing,
mezzanine debt – how they all work and what is best for your business
- Tips on getting the best terms available
- Financing structures – how to make the deal work for you
- How to avoid pitfalls
- Accessing government funding
- Understanding the lender’s risks and rewards – seeing their perspective
- Demonstrating the financial strength of your business
- Drafting a business plan, and preparing financial forecasts
- Making a successful presentation
- Developing an action plan for the future
- Checklists and worksheets
- Case studies based on the real-world experiences of Canadian business owners reinforce the concepts discussed throughout the chapters.
Also included is a CD with checklists and worksheets that can help business owners:
- Analyze their financing needs
- Be better prepared to work with their professional advisors, and
- Develop and present winning proposals to financiers
The Financing Toolkit for Small & Medium Businesses is your roadmap to financing success. It is a key resource for understanding financing, gaining focus, and preparing to take the necessary steps with greater confidence.
Titles in the CA Tools for Success series include:
Cash Management Toolkit for Small & Medium Businesses
The Canadian Privacy and Data Security Toolkit for Small and Medium Enterprises
The Estate Planning Toolkit for Business Owners
Succession Planning Toolkit for Business Owners
ISBN: 978-1-55385-387-9; eBook 978-1-55385-671-9
Publication Date: April 2009