The Power of Personal Branding for Career Success (new!)
Power up your career with this 12-chapter, step-by-step approach to focusing your “personal brand”. The self-assessment worksheets, case studies and straightforward tips will help you assess your current brand; research the brand most valued in your organization, industry or profession; build a brand that showcases your core strengths; and effectively use mentors, social media and other strategies to win in the workplace.
Power up your career with this practical guide to positioning your personal brand for greater success
Whether you’re embarking on a new career, hitting your stride in your current role, or planning your next move, The Power of Personal Branding for Career Success will help you focus your strengths and develop a clear career path.
The straightforward 8-step process, real-world examples and supporting worksheets are designed to help you:
- Build a brand that showcases your attributes and core strengths
- Research the brand most valued in your organization, industry or profession
- Assess your current brand to see if it's working for you
- Find the right mentors and use social media and other strategies to strengthen your brand and increase your visibility.
Table of contents
- Developing your personal brand
- Taking stock: Your strengths, interests and values
- Taking stock: Your knowledge, skills and experiences
- Checking context: Identifying what is valued in your organization and your field
- Focusing: Deciding what you want your brand to be
- Being honest: What is your current brand?
- Investing in your brand: An action plan for success
- Getting known: Launching your brand
- Getting known: Promoting your brand through networking
- Getting known: How social media, cultural awareness and other strategies can bolster your brand
- Getting help: Finding and benefiting from mentors
- Revisiting: As your career evolves, so must your brand
ISBN: 978-1-55385-664-1; eBook 978-1-55385-665-8
Publication Date: July 2012