The Power of Personal Branding for Career Success
Power up your career with this 12-chapter, step-by-step approach to focusing your “personal brand”. The self-assessment worksheets, case studies and straightforward tips will help you assess your current brand; research the brand most valued in your organization, industry or profession; build a brand that showcases your core strengths; and effectively use mentors, social media and other strategies to win in the workplace.
This product was originally issued by a CPA Canada legacy body.
Power up your career with this practical guide to positioning your personal brand for greater success
Whether you’re embarking on a new career, hitting your stride in your current role, or planning your next move, The Power of Personal Branding for Career Success will help you focus your strengths and develop a clear career path.
The straightforward 8-step process, real-world examples and supporting worksheets are designed to help you:
- Build a brand that showcases your attributes and core strengths
- Research the brand most valued in your organization, industry or profession
- Assess your current brand to see if it's working for you
- Find the right mentors and use social media and other strategies to strengthen your brand and increase your visibility.
Table of contents
- Developing your personal brand
- Taking stock: Your strengths, interests and values
- Taking stock: Your knowledge, skills and experiences
- Checking context: Identifying what is valued in your organization and your field
- Focusing: Deciding what you want your brand to be
- Being honest: What is your current brand?
- Investing in your brand: An action plan for success
- Getting known: Launching your brand
- Getting known: Promoting your brand through networking
- Getting known: How social media, cultural awareness and other strategies can bolster your brand
- Getting help: Finding and benefiting from mentors
- Revisiting: As your career evolves, so must your brand
ISBN: 978-1-55385-664-1; eBook 978-1-55385-665-8
Publication Date: July 2012